- Events and Education
- 2021 MayFest Webinars Now Available On Demand
- Ask the Contractor Teleconferences (ACT)
- Education On Demand
- Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE-AG)
Cervical Disc Spinal Fusion and Spinal Cord Stimulator On-Demand Webcast
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has established a nationwide prior authorization (PA) process and requirements for certain hospital outpatient department (OPD) services. This process serves as a method for controlling unnecessary increases in the volume of these services and to ensure that medical necessity is met.
Two services have been added to this program. Providers can submit a PA request as early as June 17, 2021, for date of service on or after July 1, 2021, for the following:
- Cervical Fusion with Disc Removal
- Implanted Spinal Neurostimulators
Please watch this on-demand webinar for more information.