- Events and Education
- Ask the Contractor Teleconferences (ACT)
- Education On Demand
- MayFest 2021 Registration is Open
- Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE-AG)
Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE-AG) Minutes: April 14, 2020
Wendy Weary, POE Senior Provider Relations Representative
Palmetto GBA Members
Marlene Frierson, POE Senior Provider Relations Representative
April Gause, POE Clinical Consultant
Jazz Harrison, POE Clinical Consultant
Emily Barnes, C2C PAE East QIC
Raeshelle Clifton, C2C PAE East QIC
Palmetto GBA welcomed all the POE-AG Members
|Christine Neville||Roper/St. Francis Hospital|
|Debbie Lee||Mary Washington Healthcare|
|Danielle Gori||Bon Secours St. Francis|
|Jill Fountain||Carilion Clinic|
|Melanie Parks||Self Regional Health Care|
|Mike Womack||Lexington Hospitals|
|Stephanie Elliott||Sentara Halifax Regional|
|Matilda Jarrett-Davis||Sentara Health|
|Regina Weeks||Princeton Community Hospital|
|Samuel Clark||N.C. Health Care Facilities Association|
|Tracy Turner||S.C. Dept. of Mental Health|
Review of Goals and Purpose
Per CMS IOM 100-9, Chapter 6, Section 20.6.1 (PDF, 1.32 MB), each MAC establishes and maintains a professional and geographically diversified POE Advisory Group (POE-AG) with the primary function to assist the MAC in the creation, implementation, and review of our provider education strategies and efforts. POE-AG members provide input and feedback on training topics, education materials, and dates and locations of provider education workshops and events.
POE-AG meetings convene quarterly and may be in-person or via teleconferencing. Teleconferencing is available for POE-AG members who cannot be physically present for an in-person POE-AG meeting. If you are unable to attend, you may appoint a guest proxy in advance. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your proxy.
Palmetto GBA has a specific POE-AG webpage under JM Part A/Learning Education. It includes the Part A POE-AG Charter, meeting minutes, upcoming meeting dates and locations, a current membership list and further information regarding the POE-AG. Meeting times and agendas, which include discussion topics are distributed to the POE-AG and CMS prior to a meeting. Meeting minutes are posted to the POE-AG webpage within 21 business days after the meeting.
As a provider education consultant resource, POE-AG identifies prominent provider education issues and recommends effective means to dissemination information to providers, including the use of the Provider Contact Center (PCC). Palmetto GBA considers POE-AG input and implements those deemed feasible, practicable, and in the best interest of an effective Provider Customer Service Program (PCSP). In the interest of maintaining a working relationship, Palmetto GBA will explain the reason for not implementing any POE-AG suggestions.
In our last POE-AG meeting on October 8, 2019, members suggested education be developed for:
|Clinical Trials Coverage & Billing Module||Include MA Plan information, observational studies, investigational devices and when to bill back to MA Plan||Pending|
*Action still pending due to COVID-19 priorities.
C2C Part A East QIC update presented by Emily Barnes and Raeshelle Clifton.
- A member requested Emily’s contact information: emily.barnes@C2Cinc.com
- A member requested a copy of the C2C PAE demo presentation be included in the minutes
- Created a short link for COVID-19
- Added COVID-19 to the Top Links on all home pages.
- Added COVID-19 banner to all home pages
- Sent several special listservs to promote the fluid information of COVID-19
- Part A Medicare Telehealth Expansion for COVID-19 Webcast Briefing on 3/23
- Palmetto GBA Jurisdictions J and M Part A COVID-19 Blanket Waiver Webcast on 3/31
A member asked where to find the directives regarding suspension of Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) reviews. The article is entitled Medical Review Administrative Relief Related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic.
- JMA Website Analytics — WBT Report for March 2020
- Twitter @palmettogba: Posted 34 tweets and have 1,439 followers (increase of 12 from previous month)
- Facebook: 41 posts, 22 user comments and questions and 4,366 followers (increase of 49 from previous month)
- LinkedIn: 35 posts and 4,874 followers (increase of 59 from previous month)
- The most popular JM Part A WBT was the EDI Enrollment Instructions Guide Module with 71 views, and the second most popular was the Patient Discharge Status Codes & Hospital Transfers Module with 61 views
- New and Revised Self-Paced Learning
- IRF-Required Documentation module
- Reason Code C7010 module
- DDE Module 3A revision
- EDI Application module
- CERT Errors for Telehealth module
- Save Time with eTicket module
- Appeals Timeliness Calculator revised
A member asked for a Claims Payment Issues Log update to the OIG Audit Adjustment Process.
Part A Education Events
- Reason Codes in Review Webcast — April 14, 2020
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Webcast — April 16, 2020
- Medical Review Top Denials — April 29, 2020
- Ask the Contractor Teleconference — May 14, 2020
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) Webcast — May 19, 2020
- HBO Therapy G0277 Webcast — May 27, 2020
- Medical Review Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) webcast — June 1, 2020
- Quarterly Part A Updates Webcast — June 18, 2020
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Webcast — June 24, 2020
- MLN Connects® newsletter
- MLN Matters Articles
POE-AG Education Suggestions and Recommendations
Members had no suggestions or recommendations to discuss.
Thank you for joining today’s meeting. The next POE-AG meeting is scheduled for July 14, 2020. The meeting will be held telephonically. The agenda will be distributed two weeks prior to the meeting.
Your Opinion Matters
Please take a moment to complete our satisfaction survey.