- Events and Education
- Ask the Contractor Teleconferences (ACT)
- Education On Demand
- MACtoberfest: Medicare Progress and Partnership
- On Demand: 2021 MayFest Webinars Now Available
- Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE-AG)
HHH POE-AG Charter
Palmetto GBA's Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE-AG) shall be the primary communications vehicle between Palmetto GBA A/B MAC and the provider community within Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
The POE-AG will accomplish this by:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Palmetto GBA staff and the provider community
- Meeting with Palmetto GBA and the provider community on a quarterly basis
- Providing the communication tools to facilitate thorough and prompt transfer of information to and from each representative
- Coordinating issues within the provider community to adequately reflect the concerns of the majority
The primary function of the POE-AG is to assist the contractor in the creation, implementation and review of provider education strategies and efforts. The POE-AG will be used as a provider education consultant resource and not as an approval or sanctioning authority.
It is Palmetto GBA’s intent to:
- Promote an atmosphere that facilitates an exchange of ideas and information to service the best interests of Medicare providers and Palmetto GBA’s Medicare program administration
- Provide educational forums that address various global provider concerns
- Allow the provider community an opportunity to communicate with Palmetto GBA’s staff on any areas that may need additional education activities
- Assist in making the Medicare program more understandable for providers
- Enhance providers’ understanding of the role and responsibilities of Palmetto GBA as their A/B MAC
Members will provide advice, feedback and recommendations to Palmetto GBA in relation to POE activities including website enhancements and training topics, as well as dates and locations for provider education seminars and events. The group also identifies salient provider education issues and recommends effective means of information dissemination to all appropriate providers and their staff. The POE- AG will also be provided with updates. Meetings will facilitate discussions on current issues and Medicare policies.
The POE-AG will consist of members representing key groups from the provider community who represent geographic and specialty diversity. One representative from each state medical association and select specialty societies will be asked to participate. Representatives from organizations who represent large groups of providers will also be asked to participate. Representatives from Palmetto GBA will be present as required.
- Provide information relating to the selection of topics, types and/or locations for educational forums
- Review and comment on information that is communicated by Palmetto GBA
- Present ideas and suggestions for ways Palmetto GBA may enhance service to the provider community
- Disseminate and share meeting materials and information with your peers throughout the states
- Identify important provider education issues
- Evaluate training sessions
- Take under consideration information, ideas and suggestions presented by members, and provide timely responses
- Present to the group pertinent information related to the Medicare program for review, comment and discussion
- Determine which education forums address the needs identified by Palmetto GBA tracking initiatives, as well as specific informational requests as they are received
- The POE-AG shall meet on a quarterly basis
- A meeting reminder will be sent two to four weeks prior to each meeting
- General items of discussion for the POE-AG will be forwarded to the Palmetto GBA staff by the requested deadline
- Meeting minutes from each meeting will be posted to the Learning and Education section of the website and sent to all members within 21 days of the meeting
- All travel and related expenses of POE-AG members are the sole responsibility of the member
- The primary focus of the meetings will be based on education strategies and efforts
If a change occurs, the POE-AG will be given ample notice. For further information on the POE-AG, you may contact Dan George, Palmetto GBA Senior Provider Relations Representative at Dan.George@PalmettoGBA.com.