- Events and Education
- Ask the Contractor Teleconferences (ACT)
- Education On Demand
- MACtoberfest: Medicare Progress and Partnership
- On Demand: 2021 MayFest Webinars Now Available
- Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE-AG)
Home Health and Hospice (HHH) Provider Outreach and Education (POE) Advisory Group Meeting Minutes: July 9, 2020
Dan George, MaKisha P. Callaham, Cara Mia Wilkins, Elizabeth L. Brogdon and Charles Canaan
Our goals are:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Palmetto GBA and our provider community
- Meeting with Palmetto GBA and the provider community on a quarterly basis
- Providing the communication tools to facilitate thorough and prompt transfer of information
- Coordinating issues within the provider community to adequately reflect the concerns of the majority
POE-AG Goals and Purpose — HHH POE-AG Charter
Old Business: Prior POE-AG Suggestions/Recommendations
Can Palmetto GBA create tools to its website related to the frequent billing codes home health and hospice use?
- Currently working on Home Health Coding Guide
- Hospice Coding Guide published February 7, 2020
New Business: POE-AG Training Suggestions and Education Recommendations
Participating members have the opportunity to benefit the provider community by helping to guide Palmetto GBA educational strategy for the upcoming year.
Information to Share
- Coronavirus Waivers & Flexibilities
- Preliminary Medicare COVID-19 Data Snapshot (PDF, 248 KB)
- The Medicare COVID-19 Data Snapshot is about people with Medicare who are diagnosed with COVID-19. The data sources for the Snapshot are Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) claims data, Medicare Advantage (MA) encounter data, and Medicare enrollment information.
- COVID-19 Accelerated/Advance Payment (AAP) Repayment FAQ
- This FAQ were created to help providers understand the process and options of repaying accelerated/advance payments (AAPs) issued for COVID-19
- Home Health Plans of Care: NPs, CNSs and PAs Allowed to Certify
- Palmetto GBA encourages providers and practitioners to verify these services are provided in accordance with the state's scope of practice. Billing periods that utilize nonphysician practitioners not in accordance with the state’s defined scope of practice may result in claim denials or non-affirmations.
- Hospice Caps Job Aid
Upcoming Education Events
- Monthly Review Choice Demonstration (RCD) Provider Teleconference Schedule
- August 5, 2020
- September 2, 2020
- Each teleconference session will be held from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET.
- Ask the Contractor Teleconferences (ACT)
- July 14, 2020
- October 13, 2020
- Each will begin at 1 p.m. ET.
- eServices: COVID-19 Transition Module
- This module is a quick reference guide to assist with common issues you may face if you have not logged into eServices account in past 30–60 days
- eServices and Google Authenticator Module
- We're excited to announce a new option to protect your account — Google Authenticator
- Can I obtain an MBI for a deceased beneficiary using the eServices MBI Lookup tool?
- Yes. Users may obtain an MBI as long as the Medicare beneficiary information entered is valid and the date of death was within the last four years. On June 13, 2020, the deceased beneficiary MBI Lookup was extended from 13 months to four years from the date the MBI Lookup inquiry is performed.
- Managing Multiple eService Accounts Is Easier with Account Linking
- Palmetto GBA gives users the ability to link their previously assigned eServices user IDs under one default ID through the Account Linking subtab. Users should log into eServices with the user ID that they wish to use as their default. This is the user ID that will be used to access any linked accounts. Once the user has successfully logged into eServices, they may access the Account Linking subtab by first selecting the My Account tab.
- eServices Appeals Feature
- Palmetto GBA is pleased to announce that eServices has been enhanced with the addition of new appeals features. Part A and HHH providers that are actively using eServices and have access to the Claims Inquiry tab can get up-to-date appeals status, view and download decision letters, and more.
Do you want to learn about all of the new appeals enhancements? View our on-demand webcast to learn more!
Question: After reviewing CMS’ July 2020 updates to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Provider Burden Relief Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF, 54KB), is Targeted Probe & Educate (TPE) restarting on August 3, 2020?
Answer: The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Provider Burden Relief Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) does discuss the resumption of Medical Review (MR) activities. However, the MR process will be distinct from the TPE process from a public perspective, and limit the burden on any one provider. The reviews will be conducted postpayment and the claims shall be limited to those with dates of service prior to March 1, 2020. No date has been established for the resumption of TPE. There is still more information to come, so please stay updated with email updates from Palmetto GBA.
Question: RCD has been scheduled to start in North Carolina and our association wants to put together as much information and education opportunities as we can for our providers just to get ready for it. Is Palmetto GBA planning any RCD education events in the near future?
Answer: The next RCD educational event is the Monthly Review Choice Demonstration (RCD) webinar, scheduled for August 5, 2020. You may register for the August and additional monthly webinars on the Palmetto GBA Event Registration Portal. Please note that monthly RCD webinars have replace the monthly RCD teleconferences. Lastly, continue to utilize the resources on the Palmetto GBA Home Health Review Choice Demonstration webpage for RCD education and information.
Question: We so appreciate what’s going on in eServices. Unfortunately, we have had the need to use the appeals functions of late. And it is so easy to submit an appeal or respond to Additional Documentation Requests (ADRs). And so, I like that and encourage anybody who is not using it to use it because it’s just simple to fill in the blanks and upload the attachments.
Answer: Thank you for your feedback!
Question: There are a couple Claims Payment Issues Log issues for home health in regard to Home Health HIPPS Recoding Error Affecting Claims that Span January 1, 2020, and Home Health HIPPS Recoding Error Affecting Claims that Span January 1, 2020. Could you please provide an update for these issues?
Answer: The issue of the Home Health HIPPS Recoding Error Affecting Claims that Span January 1, 2020, is still an ongoing issue and we are working with CMS and the processing system’s maintainer.
The issue of Home Health HIPPS Recoding Error Affecting Claims that Span January 1, 2020, has been resolved and Palmetto GBA has completed a mass adjustment on those claims.
The next POE-AG Meeting date is scheduled for October 22, 2020.